Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dress for Rent

I've been wearing new dresses for all my bridal events, but I haven't bought anything. I've rented.

At Rent the Runway you can rent designer dresses at a fraction of the cost for a few days at a time--perfect for all those special events leading up to your wedding. They even have a new wedding section to make it that much easier to find that perfect dress for your shower, bachelorette, and other wedding occasions--maybe even for the wedding itself! Of course there is always the risk that the dress won't fit or look good, so I always make sure to have a back-up outfit ready from my own closet.

I rented my two bachelorette dresses from RTR:

"She's about yay high"

Singing with Kenny

And my shower dress (shower post to come soon!):

Ready to be showered!

I was planning on renting again for my rehearsal and dinner. I knew exactly what I wanted. An asymmetrical sleeve with some sex appeal. In fact I had the dress all picked out:


But then while at the mall looking for groomsmen ties, I was introduced to this dress:


As soon as I put it on I fell for the elegant modern style and that amazing asymmetrical shoulder (and the fact that it was very heavily marked down). The only problem: it was about 3 sizes too big. My very helpful sales consultant offered me an additional 10% off, so I bought the too-big dress. I pick it up from the tailor on Friday--cross your fingers that it fits!

Since I'm not rocking colored shoes for the wedding, I decided to pair the dress with these hot red pumps I scored for $19 on that same shopping trip:


What are you wearing for your rehearsal?

No comments:

Post a Comment