Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Here Comes the Bride...

Sixteen Candles is one of my favorite movies--if you haven't seen it stop reading this blog right this second and go watch it.

Okay, you're back? Isn't the movie awesome? See, I told you it was good. Okay, back to the post.


Jake Ryan Awaits (en Espanol)

The ending gets me every time. Sam is walking out of the church after her sister's wedding when all the cars starting driving away to reveal Jake Ryan waiting there for her. So now every time I hear the song from that scene it makes me melt--it's the excitement and romance of seeing the guy you love and knowing he's there for you. That is exactly how I want to feel when I walk down the aisle towards Mr. Cheetah. So it was decided pretty early on the I would be walking down the aisle to If you Were Here by the Thompson Twins.



The only problem? The lyrics. The song starts: "If You Were/I Could Deceive You." Um, yeah...not exactly the words I want to hear at the start of my wedding ceremony. So I'm on the hunt for a lyric-less version of the same song. So far I've got nothing. We do know a couple audio engineers, but it's unclear if they can remove the vocals from the song file we have. Any other ideas on where I can find this song without the vocals?

Oh, and just for fun, check out this shirt:


No comments:

Post a Comment