Saturday, September 18, 2010

Our First Vendor: Booked!

Is an officiant a Vendor? If so, then our first vendor (before we had procured a date or location even) was our officiant. In fact, our officiant is a dear friend, so I guess she’s our first friendor. This decision was a no brainer for us. Neither of us is religious and we always knew that we wanted someone close to us to perform the ceremony. Enter our close friend, who we shall call BW. BW went to high school with the fiancé and I have known her over a dozen years myself. Years ago BW and I were out to dinner and we were discussing weddings and BW casually mentioned that she would love to marry the fiancé and I when the day came. I told the fiancé about that as soon as I got home and we both agreed: BW was perfect. A wedding decision made years before either of us had engagements on the brain!

BW is a wedding superstar. She herself has been a bridesmaid over a dozen times! She is a teacher and has a theater background, so she’ll be very comfortable speaking in front of all our guests. And most importantly, she is an amazing person who knows us alone and together.

Here we all are:

me, the fiancé, and BW

We knew we wanted to ask BW to be our officiant in a fun way. One thing you should know about BW is that she has a deep, deep rooted love of all things Dr. Pepper. Seriously, a deep, deep love. So I decided to use my art background and have a little glamour photo shoot with a couple old fashioned bottles of DP. We had the final image professionally printed at an 8 x 10 size and we completed it with a frame from Ikea (and it was on sale!). I printed out a little banner asking her to be our officiant, cut it out and simply taped it atop the picture.

the framed photo


all wrapped and ready for BW

The photo gift was a HUGE success and BW said yes! Even though she had long forgotten offering to marry us years ago!

The first item on our wedding to do list: checked!

What was your first vendor?

all personal photos

No comments:

Post a Comment