Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Wall of Wedding Photos

My grandma keeps a wall of wedding photos from all the weddings of her eight children in her den. When visiting my grandma I always stop and take a minute to check out all the pictures. With weddings from the late '70s through the late '90s the photos are not only wonderful family mementos, but also an amusing walk through timeand fashion (can you say lavender cummerbund?).

I love checking out all the bridal attire of my aunts! They all made beautiful brides.

My parents are at the very top on the right.

When her grand kids started tying the knot a few years ago, my grandma began displaying photos from their weddings on the adjoining wall. It was kind of surreal looking over all the photos during the holidays knowing that our wedding photo would be the next one added.

There are over 20 grandchildren, so that wall is bound to get crowded. Two more will be added this yearFirst ours, then my cousin L!

How does you family display wedding photos?

all personal photos

No comments:

Post a Comment