Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Such Great Heights

Okay, I'm just going to say it: I hate platform shoes. I know they're all the rage, but I just can't get on board. Please don't hate me all you platform-loving-ladies out there, especially you, Lady Gagawe're still besties, right!?!


Maybe it's because I'm tall, but I also just don't like the look platform heels. To me they seem unbalanced and kind of chunky, while I find non-platform shoes to be very classic and elegant.


I may not want a platform, but I do want a heel for my wedding shoes. I like the way heels look and I like how I feel fancier in them. And let's face it, I want to feel pretty fancy on my wedding day. There are times when I'm all about rocking a 4in heel, but the wedding is not going to be one of those times. Mr. Cheetah is around 3 inches taller than me. While most days I don't care if I'm a smidgen taller than Mr. Cheetah, for some reason I don't want to be taller on our wedding day (for the record, Mr. Cheetah doesn't care either way, but then again, his SIL is 6 in taller than his brother). Although the main reason I don't want sky high heels is that I want to be comfortable and I want to dance. All. Night. Long.

My goal wedding heel height is 2 1/2 in, but I am willing to go a bit shorter or higher. However platform shoes are so popular, it's becoming difficult to find fashionable heels without a platform.

I would love all these shoes if only they were platform-less!





It's looking more and more like I will be shopping in my platform-free closet for my wedding shoes, but I have found some cute non-platform options if I decide to get something new.





How do you feel about platform shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment