Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dirty Dancing

The fiancé and I love going through our itunes trying to figure out the music for our wedding. It is a lot of fun and it is something you can plan at anytime. While we don’t have a song that is “our song” for our first dance, there are many songs that mean something to us, or that we both just love. The problem is that they are totally inappropriate.

The inappropriate-ness seems to fall into two categories: 1) Depressing/about a break up, and 2) Sexy sex.

Our sad choices:


Careless Whisper by George Michael*. There is something about the sound of George Michael’s voice that just says romance to me—yet all of his songs are about breaking up or sex. This song is super pretty and we could dance to it (we seem to have a hard time picking something we can slow dance to—another problem we have when choosing a song). Yet it is also totally depressing.

Drive by The Cars.

Okay, this song is awesome. But the lyrics start: “Who's gonna tell you when/It's too late/Who's gonna tell you things/Aren't so great/You can't go on/Thinking nothing's wrong.” Um, yeah… no. Somehow the fiancé still thinks this song is a viable option.

Our dirty choices:


DIVINYLS - I TOUCH MYSELF
Uploaded by noriko75. - See the latest featured music videos.

I Touch Myself by the Divinyls. Come on, admit it-- it’d be kind of hot if I sang this to my new husband. Hot, and a little creepy.

Like a Virgin, Madonna:


Okay, both of these songs would make horrible first dance songs and we know it--but aren't the videos fun and don't you want to dance to them? I guess we just like dirty songs. Sometimes we joke about making this our first dance. Don’t worry--it’s just a joke :)

I do think that we are making progress, stay tuned to learn about our more appropriate choices.

What is your first dance song? Do you mind if I steal it?

*Side story: I accidentally became a member of a secret George Michael fan club one day in 4th grade when I walked into the 2nd floor bathroom at school, AKA the secret club’s meeting spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment