Friday, October 1, 2010

The Post Office is Mad at Me


And I thought we were friends, USPS! In fact I looove mail. I love sending it, I love getting it. I even love stamps! I send postcards from every trip I go on, I send out cards for all sorts of holidays (like Halloween & Valentine’s day & more!), and a have a few friends with whom I regularly exchange letters.

But for some reason, now that I’ve finally sent out the Save the Dates (I just can’t bring myself to call them STDs*—oops too late), the post office is mad at me. How do I know this? My sister, the MOH, hasn’t gotten her STD. BM Buenos Aires hasn’t gotten her STD. A friend’s STD was returned, even though it was sent to the correct address. Even gifts people are sending me are being returned damaged!

So while I can’t yet reveal the STDs, here is a teaser shot right before we took them to the Post Office:

Personal Photo
(Please excuse the crafting mess!)

We had a nice experience at the Post Office, the line wasn’t too long, the lady who helped us was nice, even saying our envelopes were cute. What happened USPS? Where did we go wrong? What can I do to make it right?

*I giggled each time I typed STD, does that mean I'm not mature enough to get married?

No comments:

Post a Comment