Monday, October 4, 2010

A Sweet Battle: Cake vs. Cupcakes

Warning: You may not want to read this post if you are hungry.

I love wedding cakes. I love cupcakes. What’s a girl to do?

sources: cake & cupcake

I love going to weddings and seeing the big fancy cake. I don’t know about you, but I (unfortunately) do not have a lot of occasions that require multi-tiered, perfectly piped, expertly crafted cakes. So really, the wedding is a fantastic opportunity to get my own fancy-pants cake. Mr. Cheetah and I even love shows like Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes. On the other hand, Mr. Cheetah and I really love cupcakes. We love trying all the cupcakes places around LA (some faves are: Sprinkles, Frosted Cupcakery, Famous Cupcakes, SusieCakes.), and cupcakes are one of my favorite items to bake. So, a battle has begun for our wedding dessert: wedding cake vs. cupcakes.

Some cakes I love:


Two above images from Sweet & Saucy Shop

Adorable cupcakes:



Here’s how the battle is breaking down:

Prettiness Factor: Cake

Ease of Eating: Cupcakes (you don’t need a plate & fork!)

Taste: Tie

Price: Cupcakes

Cupcakes are inching ahead. Since our dinner and dancing are in two separate (but connected) spaces, the “Ease of Eating” factor is huge for us. Dessert will be displayed near the dance floor and it would be so easy for our guests to just grab a cupcake and return to boogying the night away. While a part of me is sad I don’t get to help design a glorious six-tiered cake, images like these make it all better:



Weddingbee's own Mrs. Swan's cupcakes

I want to eat them all! Nomnomnomnom...

Would you prefer to eat cake or cupcakes as a wedding guest?

No comments:

Post a Comment